What Money Can I Get from a New Mexico Big Rig Crash? Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer
Money From a New Mexico Big Rig Crash—What Can I Get? Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer Explains
After a New Mexico big rig crash, the last thing on your mind may be money. This is because you are likely to have serious personal injuries, including very painful, permanent, and debilitating injuries. Most times you will be focusing on getting your pain and injuries under control. You will have to visit doctors and healthcare providers to help you do this. You may undergo several surgeries to repair the damage done. You may need to go to physical therapy or occupational therapy, and possibly require months of injections or treatment. As a result, you will likely miss time from work for appointments. If your injuries are serious enough, you may be out of work for an extended period of time.
While you are out of work due to your injuries and the subsequent treatment required to treat same, you will be losing money and wages. But you will also be accumulating high medical bills, copays, and direct out-of-pocket expenses. This expenses will add up very fast and before you know it, there will be debt collectors calling to collect. Some of your possessions may even be repossessed or taken away from you, including your vehicle. This is all due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company.
Thus, while money may not be the first thing on your mind, and you may even feel embarrassed or hesitant to come to a lawyer to seek money, you will depend on this money to pay for your expenses as you lose time from work and the wages you survive on.
Victims Have Rights Against Negligent Truck Drivers or Trucking Companies in New Mexico Big Rig Crashes
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured due to the negligence of a truck driver in New Mexico, call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to learn how we can help obtain compensation for your injuries. You could obtain money from a New Mexico big rig crash for the following expenses:
- Medical bills – this will be the highest expense in very serious 18 wheeler wrecks;
- Surgical expenses;
- Medications or injections;
- Lost wages – for both the initial surgery and recovering, and for all doctor’s appointments;
- Lost earnings – if you cannot perform the same job as your previously did, you may be entitled to compensation for the different in salary for your pre-accident job and your post-accident job;
- Loss of society, companionship, and services – when you are seriously injured, you are no longer able to perform households chores are help around the house, this can be compensated as well;
- Pain and suffering – this is the largest and most thought of compensation for a New Mexico big rig crash, but it is also least important to some people when the money that they cannot earn and the expenses of treatment are piling up. Generally, pain and suffering is the largest compensation that victims of personal injury cases can obtain;
- Other types of damages.
Victims of New Mexico Big Rig Crashes Should Call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to Learn How We Can Help
Victims of a box truck crash, 18 wheeler wreck, or big rig collision should call our experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer to learn how we can help you obtain compensation for your injuries. Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Albuquerque trucking accident lawyers know how to protect your rights. If a truck driver caused your New Mexico motor vehicle crash in Lordsburg, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Roswell, or anywhere else in New Mexico due to fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel, call us to learn how we can help fight for your rights by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn what rights you may have. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.