Truck Accident Lawyers in Moriarty, NM
Dedicated Truck Accident Attorneys in Moriarty, NM: Caruso Law Offices, PC
For over 35 years, the truck accident attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC have recovered over $200 million for our Torrance County and New Mexico communities for the injuries they have sustained during a collision. With just over 1,900 people living in Moriarty, NM our small-town needs committed attorneys who provide legal protection, support, and guidance that help injured families recover fully after a truck accident occurs. And that’s exactly what we provide.
With over three decades of experience in successfully pursuing truck drivers, trucking companies, and their representatives, our community can rest easy knowing we have their best interests at the forefront of our practice.
Small Town, Large Traffic: Moriarty, NM
Covering just 4.8 square miles, Moriarty, NM lies 40 miles east of Albuquerque in the northern portion of the Estancia Basin. Situated just east of the Sandia Mountains and Tijeras Canyon, the city is a perfect pass through for travelers on Interstate 40 and NM 41.
As crucial parts of the travel and economy in Moriarty, including those taking road trips on the Historic Route 66, the roads bring large trucks through our small town regularly.
Truck Accident Injuries & Statistics
With significant truck traffic frequenting the area, truck accidents are common in Moriarty, NM, and can have devastating effects on our families and the economy.
Last year, the NHTSA, or National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, recorded:
- The number of people injured in large truck crashes increased 17%; Up to 111,000 from 95,000 the previous year
- Deaths totaled almost 4,000 people
- An average of 8.3% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes were large trucks
- 73% of those killed were drivers or passengers in other vehicles
- 10% of those killed were pedestrians and bicyclists
When you are the one involved in a truck accident in Moriarty, NM, the injuries can be devastating, leaving you out of work and in need of serious medical care. The truck accident attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC can help you recover by scheduling a free consultation today to discuss your case and examine your options.
Truck Accident Causes & Liability Claims
The difficulty in truck accident cases lies in the establishing the liability factors that determine who is responsible for your injuries. The attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC ONLY handle truck accident cases.
This means we are proficient in investigation and discovery techniques that allow us to determine who is responsible for your accident, even if it is multiple parties.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration, these parties and causes can include:
- Truck driver error, including:
- Drug or alcohol use while driving
- Failing to obey traffic signs and signals
- Poor judgement of necessary stopping times or road conditions
- Reckless driving, including speeding or changing lanes unsafely
- Surpassing FMCSA allowable hours of service
- Trucking company error:
- Avoiding necessary truck maintenance procedures
- Encouraging driver continuance beyond allowable service hours to meet deadlines and delivery schedules
- Employing underqualified drivers, and allowing them to drive without proper training
- Failing to conduct physical exams, drug or alcohol tests on drivers
- Truck manufacturer error:
- Failure to recall known defective truck parts
- Sale or delivery of a truck with defective parts
- Third party error, which can include:
- Improper trailer or mechanical hook-up attachments
- Improper/overloading of standard cargo
- Maintenance malfunctions on tires, brakes, transmissions, engines, or steering
- Unsafe loading of hazardous materials
No matter who or what is at fault for the collision that caused your injuries, our truck accident attorneys will investigate your claim from the accident scene to the courtroom to pursue the financial settlement you deserve.
When Truck Accidents Become Wrongful Death Claims
Unfortunately, truck accident statistics do not lie. Nearly 4,000 deaths occurred last year during truck collisions, and it is our legal duty to hold individuals and/or companies responsible for the wrongful death their actions or inactions caused.
If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident, either immediately or as a result of their injuries, we would like to help you pursue a wrongful death case against the liable party or parties.
In New Mexico, you can pursue a wrongful death case if you are the decedent’s:
The statute of limitations is two years from the death of your loved one. We will help you understand the process, the details of your case, and how it affects your family and their recovery options during a free consultation.
The financial recovery options pursued can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of financial contribution to the home and relationship
- Loss of inheritance
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC in Moriarty, NM Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Moriarty, NM, or are suffering from a personal loss because of a truck collision, contact our experienced attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC today at (505) 369-1495 to schedule a free consultation. Truck accident injuries require a dedicated and committed attorney to ensure the investigative process, the case’s details, and your overall expenses and financial losses are included in the claim from the beginning. Call us today to schedule an appointment, and we’ll get started.
Directions to Caruso Law Offices, PC Truck Accident Law Firm, 1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States from Moriarty, NM
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 56 min
Total Est. Distance: 54.6 miles
- Get on I-40 W from NM-41 N
- Head south on 4th St towards Center Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Center Ave
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto NM-41 N/5th St
- Continue to follow NM-41 N
- Turn left to merge onto I-40 W towards Albuquerque
- Continue on I-40 W to Albuquerque
- Merge onto I-40 W
- Use the right 3 lanes to take exit 159B-159C to merge onto I-25 N towards Santa Fe
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 232 for NM-423 towards Paseo del Norte
- Keep left and merge onto NM-423 W/Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE
- Continue onto Paseo Del Norte NW
- Follow Paradise Blvd NW and Unser Blvd NW to 21st St SE in Rio Rancho
- Turn right onto Eagle Ranch Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Paradise Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Unser Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Southern Blvd SE
- Turn right onto 21st St SE
Destination will be on the right
Call us today (505)-369-1495
We are located at:
Caruso Law Offices, PC
1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States