Truck Accident Lawyers in Los Lunas, NM
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Los Lunas, NM: Caruso Law Offices, PC
At the Caruso Law Offices, PC our truck accident attorneys in Los Lunas, NM are devoted to representing the over 15,000 residents of our Valencia County, New Mexico community. Large truck traffic has increased on our roadways, thanks to our position just 20 miles south of Albuquerque, and it is our duty to ensure the proper care is given to each of the individuals who are injured in these crashes.
Our Los Lunas truck accident lawyers understand the dangers that accompany overcrowded roadways, especially when semi-trucks and trailers are traversing our streets with loads weighing up to 80,000 pounds. When the Los Lunas people are injured in truck accidents, they need a prominent, experienced attorney to take the lead in holding the truck driver, the trucking company, and their representatives responsible for their actions, or inactions, that caused the crash. At the Caruso Law Offices, PC we will pursue the best outcome available for your case, so you can heal swiftly and effectively without worrying about where your medical care or ability to pay is coming from.
Major Employers in Los Lunas: Increased Truck Traffic Influences
Settled inside the Manzano Mountains Trails, Los Lunas, NM supports major employers in the alloy and metals industries, cabinet-building companies, and prominent distribution centers that employ thousands in our city. Their existence also brings heavy truck traffic to the area to distribute and pick-up goods that allow the businesses to flourish.
The major employers in Los Lunas, include:
- Merillat Industries
- Wal-Mart distribution center
- New Mexico Corrections Department (two major facilities)
In September 2016, Facebook announced plans to open a data center in Los Lunas, which will support 300 new construction jobs and 50 permanent jobs, increasing truck traffic substantially during the building process.
Important Traffic Accident Statistics: Nationwide and New Mexico
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, last year was one of the deadliest in history on the roadways.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released the following statistics, outlining the nationwide and state-specific crash data that includes:
- A nearly 6% increase in fatalities from motor vehicle crashes last year, totaling 37,461 deaths throughout the United States; 1,976 more than the previous year
- Large trucks accounted for 4,317 deaths; a 5.4% increase from the previous year
- 72.4% of those killed in large truck accidents were occupants of other vehicles sharing the road
- 402 traffic fatalities occurred in New Mexico alone; up from 298 deaths the previous year
Traffic Death Causes Nationwide & Truck Involvement
The NHTSA also reports the common causes of traffic fatalities throughout the United States last year, including:
- 803 drowsy-driving deaths
- 3,450 distracted-driving deaths
- 10,111 speeding-related deaths
- 10,497 drunk-driving deaths
The common causes of truck accidents are reflected in the national averages, and are on record to include the driver’s:
- Drowsy driving, including violations of Hours of Service outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Drug or alcohol use
- Speeding or negligent driving practices, including improper lane changes
- Distracted driving, including the use of cellphones and GPS devices
Other causes of truck accidents can include:
- Mechanical defects
- Manufacturing recalls
- Failure to maintain proper vehicle upkeep, including replacing brakes and tires
- Overloading or improperly loaded cargo
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Los Lunas, NM, contact the Caruso Law Offices, PC today to schedule a free consultation. We will provide the best course of action for your injuries, care, and financial recovery.
Truck Accidents Can Lead to Serious Injuries
Seeking legal representation after a truck accident is important because the injuries sustained can require a lifetime of care. The sheer size of a truck and trailer colliding with a passenger vehicle can be devastating, leading to extended time away from work, and lengthy medical care.
Common serious injuries associated with large truck accidents include:
- Broken or crushed bones
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Neck and spine injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Trouble with mobility
These shocking injuries will cause you and your family to lose valuable income while worrying about how to get the care you need.
At the Caruso Law Offices, PC our truck accident attorneys can help you:
- Recover lost wages
- Seek proper immediate and long-term medical care
- Claim miscellaneous expenses
- Recuperate property damage losses
Each truck accident in Los Lunas, NM is different. The circumstances, injuries, and recovery requirements will vary from a previous or future crash. Our Los Lunas truck accident attorneys will explore your case with a unique, experienced, and aggressive approach to recovering the financial settlement you need to heal fully.
Contact Our Los Lunas, NM Truck Accident Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
Truck accidents are serious matters and caring for yourself or a family member who is suffering from injuries sustained in these crashes can change your life in an instant. Contact the Los Lunas, NM attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, PC today at (505) 369-1495 for a free consultation and find out how we can help pursue the individual or company that caused your accident immediately. We will help you determine the type of care you should pursue and give you the confidence you need to heal before returning to work. Call us now to discuss your case and start moving in the right financial recovery direction.
Directions to Caruso Law Offices, PC Truck Accident Law Firm, 1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States from Los Lunas, NM
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Los Lunas, NM
Total Est. Time: 44 min
Total Est. Distance: 41.1 miles
- Get on I-25 N from NM-6 W/Main St NE
- Head north-west towards Luna St
- Turn right onto Luna St
- Turn left onto NM-6 W/Main St NE
- Turn right to merge onto I-25 N
- Continue on I-25 N to Albuquerque
- Merge onto I-25 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 232 for NM-423 towards Paseo del Norte
- Keep left and merge onto NM-423 W/Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE
- Continue onto Paseo Del Norte NW
- Follow Paradise Blvd NW and Unser Blvd NW to 21st St SE in Rio Rancho
- Turn right onto Eagle Ranch Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Paradise Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Unser Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Southern Blvd SE
- Turn right onto 21st St SE
Destination will be on the right
Call us today (505)-369-1495
We are located at:
Caruso Law Offices, PC
1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States