Dedicated Truck Accident Attorneys in Hobbs, NM: Caruso Law Offices
At the Caruso Law Offices, our Hobbs, NM truck accident attorneys have represented our Lea County community for more than 35 years. With more than 34,000 residents calling our New Mexico city home, it is important to our lawyers that everyone’s rights are protected when they are involved in a truck accident, and that justice is pursued immediately.
Hobbs, NM is home to the Soaring Society of America, and the former Hobbs Army Air Field played an integral part in World War II training. While the airfield is still intact, the industrial area that has taken its once-purposeful space experiences considerable truck traffic that endangers our community with each pick up and delivery. Our truck accident attorneys focus solely on these cases to ensure our community is fully protected from the severe consequences that accompany these collisions.
Large Employers in Hobbs, NM Boost Truck Traffic
With large employers calling Hobbs, NM home comes truck traffic that provides goods to hospitals, retail outlets, construction companies, and schools throughout the community. In addition, the nearby mining and extraction companies require extensive truck traffic that often finds its way through our communities and onto our roadways.
The largest employers in Hobbs, NM include:
- City of Hobbs
- Ferguson Construction Company
- Hobbs Municipal Schools
- Lea County
- Lea Regional Medical Center
- New Mexico Junior College
- Nor-Lea Hospital
- URENCO USA/National Enrichment Facility
- Walmart Supercenter
When our clients are injured in a truck accident, the financial, physical, and emotional strain can seem insurmountable without legal help. With the Caruso Law Offices on their side, victims will see that solutions are available quickly, which will make a stark difference in their confidence and positivity.
Truck Accident Statistics: Frequency and Severity Continue to Grow
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports that accidents happen more frequently each year.
- Last year there was an 8% increase in fatal crashes, up from 3,749 deaths to 4,050
In New Mexico, those statistics translate to:
- 474 traffic accident fatalities in a single year
- 66 of which were the result of a large-truck crash
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration adds that:
- Large truck injuries increased 17%, totaling over 111,000 harmed individuals
- Almost 15% of large truck drivers have been previously involved in s serious accident – the highest of all vehicle types
- Over 16% of large truck drivers who were involved in a fatal accident had a prior conviction for speeding
Truck accidents can be life changing. Our Hobbs, NM attorneys want to help you pursue the driver or company who caused your accident to ensure you get the financial, medical, and psychological help you need to heal fully.
Five Important Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
If you are involved in a truck accident, your safety is paramount. If you need medical help right away, get it. If you can remain at the scene, the following steps will help your case move forward.
Step One: Call the police.
It is important to have a police presence at the scene of the accident, so a full police report can be filled out and filed properly. If there are discrepancies in the report, have them rectified before leaving the scene and obtain a copy of the report for your records.
Step Two: Gather driver and witness information.
Record the driver’s information, including license, registration, and insurance. Write down the trucking company name, and any information that pertains to their involvement. Ask witnesses for their full names, contact information, and statements before leaving the scene.
Step Three: Preserve evidence.
Take pictures of the accident scene using your camera phone. Snap shots of the traffic directions, signage, damage to the vehicles, and any markings that support your case.
Step Four: Seek medical help.
No matter how you feel, leave your physical prognosis to the professionals. Visit the nearest emergency room and explain any pain or discomfort you are experiencing to a doctor. Be sure they record your complaints, and ask for copies of your treatment needs, directions, and any notes pertaining to time away from work.
Step Five: Contact the Caruso Law Offices right away.
It is imperative to act quickly and retain counsel after a truck accident because the trucking company is going to do everything they can to avoid paying for your collision.
Our experienced attorneys will go to work immediately to ensure the trucking company does not create obstacles that impede your case’s success, including:
- Hiding or tampering with evidence
- Repairing faulty trucks after an accident
- Manipulating driving records or logs
- Generating false maintenance records
Do not speak to trucking company representatives, their insurance company or attorneys without talking to our experienced lawyers. We will handle the details of your case from beginning to end so you will feel confident in moving forward with your claim.
How Caruso Law Offices Can Help Solidify Your Case
The driver’s insurance company or lawyer will immediately try to contact you, and intimidate you with pressure to make a deal so they can preserve their bottom line. Do not fall for their tricks. Our truck accident attorneys in Hobbs, NM will handle all correspondences, so you can focus on healing.
In addition, we will:
- Photograph, survey, record, and secure the evidence from the accident scene
- Interview all witnesses from the scene, and record their full statements
- Obtain a court order to review the driver’s log, employment file, delivery statistics, and safety records
- Locate the truck that caused the accident, and ensure it is not tampered with in any way before our investigators can conduct an examination including:
- Mechanical functionality, and the recording device that is built-in to show speed and activity when the accident occurred
We will leave no detail to chance when pursuing the best outcome available for your case.
Contact Caruso Law Offices in Hobbs, NM Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, or have lost a loved one in a tragic truck collision, contact the Caruso Law Offices in Hobbs, NM today at (505) 369-1495 for a free consultation. With over three decades of experience successfully representing New Mexico residents, we can help you and your family recovery fully from your truck accident without delay.
Directions to Caruso Law Offices, PC Truck Accident Law Firm, 1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States from Hobbs, NM
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 5 h 10 min
Total Est. Distance: 330 miles
- Take NM-18 N to US-82 E
- Head north on N Turner St towards W Cain St
- Continue onto NM-18 N
- Continue straight to stay on NM-18 N
- Slight right onto S Commercial St
- Continue on US-82 E to NM-206 N/State Hwy 206 N. Take the exit for NM-206 from US-82 E
- Turn right onto US-82 E
- Take the NM-206 exit
- Continue onto NM-206 N/State Hwy 206 N
- Follow US-380 W, US Hwy 285 N and I-40 W to Eagle Ranch Rd NW in Albuquerque
- Turn left onto US-380 W/W Broadway St
- Continue to follow US-380 W
- Turn right onto N Red Bridge Rd
- Turn left onto E Pine Lodge Rd
- Turn right onto N Main St/US Hwy 285 N
- Continue to follow US Hwy 285 N
- Turn left to merge onto I-40 W
- Use the right 3 lanes to take exit 159B-159C to merge onto I-25 N towards Santa Fe
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 232 for NM-423 towards Paseo del Norte
- Keep left and merge onto NM-423 W/Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE
- Continue onto Paseo Del Norte NW
- Follow Paradise Blvd NW and Unser Blvd NW to 21st St SE in Rio Rancho
- Turn right onto Eagle Ranch Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Paradise Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Unser Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Southern Blvd SE
- Turn right onto 21st St SE
Destination will be on the right
Call us today (505) 369-1495
We are located at:
Caruso Law Offices, PC
1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States