Truck Accident Lawyers in Belen, NM
Dedicated Truck Accident Attorneys in Belen, NM: The Caruso Law Offices
At the Caruso Law Offices in Belen, NM, our truck accident attorneys understand the dangers our nearly 7,200 residents face when they head into traffic with semi-trucks. Located approximately 35 miles south of Albuquerque, this Valencia County city’s western boundary is Interstate 25, which sees considerable truck traffic from around the State of New Mexico.
The economic impact the trucking industry has in the United States is undeniable, but the imminent dangers these large vehicles place on our roadways leave Belen, NM residents vulnerable to accidents. Our truck accident attorneys can help you and your family recover from these injurious accidents by holding the driver and trucking company responsible.
Important Trucking Statistics in the United States
It is nearly impossible to drive from one place to the next without encountering one or more large trucks in passing. Each time, passenger vehicles and their occupants are dwarfed by the experience. The frequency of these trucks traversing cities like Belen, NM are common, as are the accidents that occur as a result. And for good reason.
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- 68% of all goods transported throughout the U.S. are delivered by semi-trucks
- Agriculture and building materials are the largest transported commodities
The Federal Highway Administration adds that:
- Over 11 million semi-trucks are registered in the U.S.
- Semi-trucks transferred 14,547 million tons of freight last year, 73% of all cargo transported
- Semi-trucks can carry up to 80,000 pounds each, including the truck and trailer’s contents
And the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reports that:
- Semi-truck drivers collectively travel approximate 140 billion miles per year
- Single drivers accumulate an average of 45,000 miles each annually
- Long-haul truckers account for 100,000 miles each annually
- Semi-trucks comprise 15% of the commercial trucks in the U.S., but account for over 42% of all miles covered by commercial trucks
How Does Large-Truck Traffic Affect Commuters and Travelers on the Roadways?
The trucks, by nature, serve an incredible purpose to our country’s economy. But because of their size and weight, they can become dangerous to travel alongside, especially if the driver is impaired, exhausted, or underqualified. These scenarios place all other drivers in danger.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:
- 75% of deaths in large-truck accidents were crashes involving a tractor-trailer
- 25% of deaths in large-truck accidents were crashes where the driver was in a single-unit truck, without a trailer
- Injury, death, and property damage of truck accidents account for $112 billion annually
These reports confirm that whether the semi-truck is traveling with or without its heavy load in place, the danger imposed by the large cab can still cause irreparable damage to those it crashes into.
Understanding the Injuries Sustained in Large-Truck Accidents
Injuries sustained in large-truck accidents in Belen, NM are different, and far more severe, than a passenger vehicle crash. The semi-truck is bigger, heavier, and has more power than a car, SUV or lightweight truck.
When an accident occurs, the injuries can be devastating, and can include:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Loss of limbs
- Rib and torso injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Loss of mobility
- Partial or full paralysis
- Wrongful death
The sheer impact of a semi-truck crashing into a passenger vehicle can cause emotional and psychological pain that requires therapy and treatment to overcome. These injuries may not by physical, but they can still disrupt your life incredibly. Allow our truck accident attorneys in Belen, NM to assess your case thoroughly during a free consultation, and get you the help you need.
Preparing Compelling Claims for Truck Accident Injury Clients
At the Caruso Law Offices, our attorneys are dedicated to a single practice area: Truck accidents. This allows our experienced lawyers and skilled staff to examine your case with proficiency and focus.
While no two truck accident cases are the same, our partnerships with accident reconstructionist, physicians, and life-planning entities allow us to assess your case to include the big picture. This means we will account for each of your financial needs as they pertain to your injuries and how they have affected your quality of life.
Our experience in the courtroom is unmatched in New Mexico, and our successful track record provides a glimpse at our accomplishments. We can help you and your family recover fully, too.
Call the Caruso Law Offices in Belen, NM Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact the Caruso Law Offices in Belen, NM to speak with one of our accomplished attorneys today at (505) 369-1495. We offer free consultations, without obligation, and are eager to hear your truck accident story so we can begin assembling a compelling case against the driver and trucking company now. You do not have to suffer from your injuries any longer. We will help you determine who is responsible for the crash, and pursue them for financial recovery to help you heal without worry.
Directions to Caruso Law Offices, PC Truck Accident Law Firm, 1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States from Belen, NM
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 52 min
Total Est. Distance: 50.8 miles
- Get on I-25 N
- Head north-east on I-25BL/N Main St towards Chavez Ave
- Continue to follow I-25BL
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left to stay on I-25BL (signs for I-25)
- Use the right lane to merge onto I-25 N via the slip road to Albuquerque
- Continue on I-25 N to Albuquerque
- Merge onto I-25 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 232 for NM-423 towards Paseo del Norte
- Keep left and merge onto NM-423 W/Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE
- Continue onto Paseo Del Norte NW
- Follow Paradise Blvd NW and Unser Blvd NW to your destination in Rio Rancho
- Turn right onto Eagle Ranch Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Paradise Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Unser Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Southern Blvd SE
- Turn right onto 21st St SE
- Turn right
Destination will be on the right
Call us today (505) 337-3138
We are located at:
Caruso Law Offices, PC
1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States