Truck Accident Lawyers in Artesia, NM
Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Artesia, NM: Caruso Law Offices, PC
At the Caruso Law Offices, PC in Artesia, NM, our truck accident attorneys have represented individuals throughout our Eddy County community with remarkable success. As a leading oil and gas industry city in New Mexico, our lawyers have provided exceptional legal outcomes for individuals and families who have been injured in truck accidents in Artesia.
Danger Looms as Truck Transport is a Leading Service in Artesia, NN
Oil and gas may rule the economy in Artesia with the largest refinery in New Mexico, the Navajo Refinery, situated at the corners of 1st and Main streets. But agriculture and dairy are not far behind in fiscal impact to the area and comprise a sizable portion of the economy.
With these important businesses dominating the economic effects in the community, it is important to note that the trucking industry plays a large part in each of these companies’ successes. The large companies that call our 11,000-resident community home employ large trucks to transport materials, chemicals, farming and oil equipment, and harvested goods that support trade throughout the region and nationwide.
These large employers include:
- Wilbanks Trucking Services
- EOG Resources
- Mack Energy Corporation
- Concho Resources
- HollyFrontier Corporation (operates Navajo Refinery)
Heavy truck traffic is a constant danger in the community, and can result in terrible collisions that leave passenger vehicle occupants in a vulnerable position when they share the roads with these oversized transporters.
At the Caruso Law Offices, our Artesia truck accident attorneys concentrate on a single practice area: Truck accidents. Our premier representation allows our clients to recover from their accident fully by taking their injuries and overall needs into account before we enter a courtroom. No detail is left to chance. We will provide you with the confidence you need to face any large company in court to ensure your interests are always protected.
Truck Accident Injuries in Artesia, NM
At Caruso Law Offices, PC our truck accident attorneys in Artesia, NM have represented individuals and families who have suffered severe injuries after enduring an accident with a semi-truck. Because of the size differential from a passenger vehicle to an 18-wheeler truck, these injuries can be life-changing for everyone involved.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- Nearly 111,000 people were injured in large-truck crashes last year, an increase of 17% from a previous estimate of 95,000
- 14.9%: The percentage of large-truck drivers who have previously recorded crashes, the highest of any vehicle type
Our approach to providing recovery settlements for our victims includes an extended look at the injured person’s life, and the care they will require to maintain quality conditions for healing.
These recovery components can include:
- Current and future medical care costs
- The victim’s current and future lost wages
- Lost wages of a family member who is charged with the injured person’s care
- Diminished mobility and long-term treatment needs
- Inability to return to previous employment due to injury
- Short and long-term disability needs
- Partial or full disability needs
Your injuries should not define you. Your successful recovery should. Allow our Artesia truck accident attorneys to review your case and provide guidance on how to proceed with a legal claim against the driver or trucking company that caused your injuries.
Wrongful Death Claims in Artesia, NM
A sizable amount of large-truck crashes ends in fatalities each year across the nation. These devastating accidents claim lives in New Mexico, too. Some immediately, and some from the resulting injuries sustained in the crash.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration:
- 73% of people killed in large-truck accidents were occupants of other vehicles
- 4,050 people died in large-truck accidents across the U.S. last year
- 79% of all fatal large-truck accidents occurred on a weekday
- More than 16% of large-truck drivers involved in fatal accidents had one or more prior speeding convictions
In the State of New Mexico last year:
- There were 474 traffic accident fatalities
- 66 of the fatalities were the result of a large-truck crash
When someone is killed in a large-truck accident, their family has the right to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
The representative seeking a wrongful death claim in New Mexico can be the deceased’s family member, and are prioritized by the court in the following order:
- Spouse, if there are no children
- Spouse and children, with the settlement distributed accordingly
- Children, when there is no living spouse
- Grandchildren, when there is no living spouse or children
- Parents, when there is no living spouse, children, or grandchildren
- Siblings, when there is no living spouse, children, grandchildren, or parents
The financial recovery can include:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical expenses accumulated prior to death, where applicable
- Loss of financial contribution to the home
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of inheritance
- Pain and suffering, including mental anguish
In the State of New Mexico, the statute of limitations on filing a wrongful death claim is three years from the death date of a loved one. If you have lost an integral part of your family in an accident, contact our Artesia truck accident attorneys today to understand your rights.
Contact the Caruso Law Offices, PC in Artesia, NM for a Free Consultation Today
If you have been injured in a truck accident, or have lost a loved because of a crash, contact Artesia truck accident lawyers at Caruso Law Offices, PC in Artesia, NM today at (505) 369-1495 for a free consultation. Our experienced Artesia attorneys only represent large-truck accident victims in New Mexico and can help you and your family recover from the negligent party who caused your injuries or loss. Call us today to discuss your case in full, with no obligation to our firm.
Directions to Caruso Law Offices, PC Truck Accident Law Firm, 1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States from Artesia, NM
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 4 h 3 min
Total Est. Distance: 255 miles
- Follow US Hwy 285 N and I-40 W to Eagle Ranch Rd NW in Albuquerque
- Head west on W Main St towards N 6th St
- Turn right onto N 7th St
- Turn right onto W Mahone Dr
- Turn left onto N 1st St/US Hwy 285 N
- Continue to follow US Hwy 285 N
- Turn left to merge onto I-40 W
- Use the right 3 lanes to take exit 159B-159C to merge onto I-25 N towards Santa Fe
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 232 for NM-423 towards Paseo del Norte
- Keep left and merge onto NM-423 W/Paseo Del Norte Blvd NE
- Continue onto Paseo Del Norte NW
- Follow Paradise Blvd NW and Unser Blvd NW to your destination in Rio Rancho
- Turn right onto Eagle Ranch Rd NW
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Paradise Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Unser Blvd NW
- Turn right onto Southern Blvd SE
- Turn right onto 21st St SE
- Turn right
Destination will be on the right
Call us today (505) 337-3138
We are located at:
Caruso Law Offices, PC
1005 21st St. SE, Suite 11,Rio Rancho, NM 87124, United States